Being an "A" Student
More on Success
How to Be a Successful College Student in 10 Steps
- Be Confident! Most students attitude towards a class dictate their success in the class. Have a spirit of conquering the class and enter the class with confidence of succeeding.
- Take Notes! As college students there are plenty things that take place in your mind, taking notes is the key essential of memorizing lectures.
- Organize your time! Organize each goal to the level of importance it has. Take time for your self to do whatever you want to do.
- Get involved! It is statistically shown that college students who are involved in any extracurricular activities are more likely to be better students.
- Procrastination,No MORE! Some college students do well under pressure, however setting time to complete one task will give the college student more ease to focus on different task(s) and will also ease the stress level.
- Intern! Apply what you learn in college in a work environment, learn hands on what you want to do for the rest of your life.
- Communicate! Develop a constant communication with your professors, and classmates. Communicate with your professor so that (s)he will know you personally to discover your academic strengths and weakness(es). Communicate with your classmates because you never know when you'll need them.
- STUDY! Set time to study, Study when it is best for you,study with a clear mind,free from distractions and take breaks when study, or start a study group.
- Know your limit! Sometimes you will have to withdraw from courses, if it is better in drastic cases to withdraw from a certain course than fail it then do so. If you need a tutor get one,know your limit, ask for assistance.
- Becoming a college student isn't about good grades it is about your mindset,if you do not take anything else I said remember it is all about application. You get what you put out. Having a positive mindset and applying your positive minds will help you become a successful student despite your grades.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle